Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I have so many emotions running through my veins based on this article. My roots are in LA. I want to shout, "Fuck you NYC!" Because I lived in NYC for 4 years and while I loved acting there, I hated living there. And I did a lot of bad shows in NYC. A lot! People act like the work is so much better there. But that isn't true. There are still lazy actors who don't want to do the work and don't want to act professional and have drama etc. etc. etc. They just have fancy schools listed on their bios like NYU or Yale or Julliard etc. But they are all the same!

I found this article to be very discouraging. Especially for us trying to get grants. But like the article said, "artists find a way".

The weather here is amazing and the people here are so much happier because the weather is better. And well.... the weather is better!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Interesting. I found it less discouraging and more educational. I suppose if I had ever lived in NYC, I may have felt differently.