Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Study of off-off Broadway budgets is encouraging for LA!

I just found this pretty interesting study on Off-Off Broadway Production Budgets. 
 
I found it encouraging for the small theatre scene in Los Angeles when comparing these statistics to some of the productions we've produced at Son of Semele Ensemble.  Not everything is eye-to-eye... but many areas are not far off.
 
Yes... like anywhere, I imagine, 99-seat theatre productions in LA can be both "well produced" or "poorly produced," however the majority I've seen are somewhere in the middle.  I imagine the same holds true for the Off-Off Broadway scene in NYC.  
 
If anyone knows of a study like this for Los Angeles 99-seat theatre, I'd be interested in taking a look at it.
 
Go here for the link to the file about Off-Off-Broadway production budgets.
 
Enjoy.
 

No comments: